I decided to post this because I’ve been getting a lot of questions from people who have been wanting to play imported games (or games released outside of their region). To do this, first ensure that you have gone completely over my softmodding guide. Once you’ve done that, you can proceed on.
- Boot your Wii into Preloader like you did earlier by putting one finger on the reset button and holding it down. While it is held down, take your other finger and press the power button, only letting go of the reset button whenever Preloader appears.
- Go into “Systemmenu Hacks” and ensure that “Skip disc update check” is still enabled. This will ensure that foreign game updates don’t brick your system.
- You will see about seven settings that start with the words “Region free” such as “Region free Wii discs” or “Region free Wii games”, etc. Enable all of them.
- Go down to Save Settings and press A to save your modifications. Now press B, go up, and then enter in to the system menu.
- Your Wii will now run import games.
Note that after modifying these settings, you may encounter some glitches in your homebrew software that didn’t appear before. For example, after I did all of this, save states in VBAgx stopped working. If you have any problems with homebrew software or anything else, just revert the settings until you need to play another import game.