August 10, 2009
I know that many of you are avid retro gamers as I am, and I’ve found a great website to show off both your retro collection and achievements. It’s called The Backloggery, a site dedicated to helping you chart a course to beating all of your old classics that have probably just been laying away collecting dust. Here’s my current Backloggery forum signature:
At the time of writing this, I have 208 uncompleted games, 6 games that I’ve beaten, and 4 games that I’ve either completed or mastered. I just got done playing Donkey Kong for the Gameboy Color, which I mastered, and I’m also currently playing Dr. Mario for Gameboy Color. If you click that signature, you’ll be taken to my Backloggery profile which contains links to all of my games, friends, comments, etc.
If you’re big on retro gaming, why don’t you sign up for free and add me as a friend?
August 5, 2009
I’ve added Live Chat onto my blog for you to ask me questions or get support about any problems you may be having. This will help those of you who want instantaneous responses to your questions without having to wait on me to reply to your comments. You can find the Live Chat on the right side of my blog, and to message me all you need to do is start typing and press enter. When this starts getting abused, which I’m sure it will, I’ll take it offline.
July 14, 2009
After several months haitus, I’m back to blogging. As I previously stated, this time around things will be very tech-oriented, and I’ve set up a few goals for myself for my first few initial posts. Whether I’ll actually get to this stuff is still to be seen, but at least I have something to shoot for:
- Complete and detailed walkthrough of how to hack/softmod a Nintendo Wii to run backups, emulators, and homebrew software.
- Do that walkthrough again, but in video format to be uploaded on YouTube.
- Redo my guide on how to get around a BlueSocket (blu3) filter to get on Xbox Live, this time around though I’ll do it for modern operating systems and the NXE updates.
- Do the Xbox Live workaround guide in video format too..
- Release proper injected WADs for a softmodded Wii so it will run games that aren’t even released on the virtual console yet, and some that will probably never be released, such as Earthbound Zero, the NES versions of Final Fantasy II and III, and Super Mario All-Stars. What will make these proper is they not only will have correct channel and savegame icons, they will have custom manuals — something most hackers leave out.
- Game reviews for WiiWare, XBLA, and retro classics.
- My perspective on the latest tech news including new operating systems, gizmos, programs, or whatever else seems to be a hot topic of the day.
I won’t put much emphasis on politics or anything happening around campus this time around, as I’m hoping to reach a much wider audience.
June 4, 2009
I’m redoing several things on my blog and will probably return to writing sometime soon. The new blog will have a very tech-oriented format. Please come back later.